Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy Awareness

Amy, Regina and 756 other friends have donated through Facebook.

[

Keisha Greaves
19m ·
Shared with Public
Public
Today is the 6th annual Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy (LGMD) Awareness Day. I am proud that the state of Massachusetts and the city of Cambridge recognizes this special day.
I was diagnosed with Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy in 2010 while in graduate school. LGMD has many different variants such as: 2b, 21, and more. Unfortunately for me, I do not know my sub-type. My neurologists and I have taken several genetic test which have all come back unknown. As a result of not being able figure out my sub-type, I’m unable to enter any clinical trials until we figure that out. Sometimes I wonder, will I ever know my sub-type?
“Let’s all do at least one thing to raise awareness about LGMD today! Share your story, wear lime green, or color and post a selfie with “Girdie,” the LGMD Advocacy Ambassador! There are so many different ways we can use our voice as a community today!”
To learn more about LGMD visit LGMD-Info.org
“Together We Are Stronger”
#LGMDawareness
#LgmdDay2020
#TogetherWeAreStronger
#LimeGreen4LGMD
#CureLGMD
#Speakup
#Beavoice#
](https://www.facebook.com/KeishG?cft[0]=AZUg8_4KCotG0Eg5upjPhKJDsIIbkDlw9DwWoLeBxtQo-DfFEeHOMXkrUe_Xq9NNOcQs-xIfzNnlLP39bb5gAZAV1XkTU19dW-pNo8ZHAImJ6_DIxRAbk6oIszNwKgfGFGQ&tn=%3C%2CP-R)